Friday, August 26, 2022

Support Me on Ko-fi!



 All tips are appreciated–and include some perks!




I had promised myself that, if I could keep the Sunday Morning Manga livestream going for at least a month, I would set up a way to receive monetary tips. 


It’s been a month, so now I have a Ko-fi account!


This account is intended to defray the costs of running the livestream (Internet, equipment, software, the stuff I read and watch to talk about) and surviving to another day (mostly, food).


I will include the Ko-fi link in most blog posts and livestreams (minus a few where I think asking for money would be a bit tonally inconsistent or just inappropriate). 


Any monetary contribution is appreciated. And in exchange for your tips, at any dollar amount, I will offer the following: 


  • Your name will be included in a blog post and livestream, to be shared before the end of the month when you donated.

  • I’ll send you a thank you message.


But the biggest perk is that, for even just one dollar, you’ll get to submit a recommended manga that you’d like to hear me live-react to on the Sunday stream


(I may have to message you back if your recommendation is one I really do not want to touch; please keep recommendations to ones that won’t require numerous content warnings, at least no more than the stuff I usually talk about in the stream.) 


Or, if manga’s not your thing, feel free to recommend something else. Maybe something about a particular anime made you think a certain movie or TV talked about the same ideas? Maybe a post about 19th-century US literature brought to mind a video game you played? Maybe you have a book to recommend on a topic I’m researching? Let me know! 


I’ll keep a list of these recommendations to use during weeks when there are no new manga chapters out on a Sunday, but if you recommend a manga that typically comes out on a Sunday anyway, I’ll get to that one much sooner. 


Thank you for your consideration. And thanks to Ellak Roach for being my first ever Ko-fi tip! (Let’s see what Ellak recommends for a live-react…)


No comments:

Post a Comment